PM Narendra Modi to launch e-RUPI today; 2 Aug 2021, via video conferencing. With this, the benefits of schemes will be available without any hindrance. In this article, we will learn 9 special things related to it.
What is e-RUPI?
e-RUPI is a prepaid e-voucher, which is developed by the NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) in association with Department of Financial Services (DFS), National Health Authority (NHA), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), and partner banks. e-RUPI is definitely a good step to promote digital payments in a country like India.
The users of this seamless one-time payment mechanism are going to be ready to redeem the voucher without a card, digital payments app or internet banking access, at the merchants accepting e-RUPI. e-RUPI would be shared with the beneficiaries for a selected purpose or activity by organizations or Government via SMS or QR code. The beneficiary can directly take the benefits of the government schemes with the help of this without involving any intermediary in between ( as directed by the government)
Benefits of e-RUPI
The main benefits of e-RUPI are:
- This is a cashless and contactless method.
- It directly connects the service provider and the receiver.
- The scheme provided by the government will go directly to the beneficiary account. This will reduce corruption.
- It can be sent directly to the user mobile number as it is an SMS or QR based service.
- This will help the users to redeem vouchers without any card, digital payment app or internet banking facility.
- Through e-RUPI, the departments or institutions related to government schemes will be directly connected with the beneficiaries and service providers without any physical contact.
- It will also ensure that payment is made to the service provider only after the transaction is completed.
- No intermediary gets in between the transaction as it is a prepaid service.
- In the case of the private sector these vouchers can also be used for the welfare of the employees and the social responsibility programme of the corporate.