An Indian resident desires an Aadhar to avail certain government welfare advantages provided by the Government of India. The document acts as a proof of address and identity for a personal. Aadhar could be a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Once a private enrols for the Aadhar card by visiting Aadhar Centres or Banks/Post-offices, he/she will download and print UIDAI Aadhar by victimization the enrolment ID, virtual ID or Aadhaar number provided by the UIDAI. Once a number is issued, he/she will follow these can steps for Aadhar card download.
Table of Content
- 1 What is an Aadhar Card?
- 2 How to Download Aadhar Card By Aadhar Number?
- 3 How to Download Aadhar Card By Virtual ID?
- 4 How to Download E-Aadhar By Using Enrolment Number (EId)?
- 5 How to Download Aadhar Card By Name and Date of Birth?
- 6 How to Download E-Aadhar From DigiLocker Account?
- 7 How to Download Masked Aadhar?
- 8 How to get an Aadhar Card without registered mobile number?
- 9 How to Download E-Aadhar through Umang App?
- 10 How to Print Aadhar Card After Downloading?
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Aadhar Card?
Every Indian Citizen requires the Aadhar card to avail certain benefits provided by the Government Welfare of India. It was launched in 2008 and is the world’s largest biometric database which contains the fingerprint impression and the retina scan of the owner. This document act as proof of identity and address of an individual resident in India. Aadhar Card is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) with a 12 digit identification number. A person can download and print an Aadhar card by using the Virtual ID, Enrolment ID, or Aadhar Number provided by the UIDAI after the enrollment of the Aadhar card. Once a number issued, a person can follow the given steps to download and print the Aadhar card:
How to Download Aadhar Card By Aadhar Number?
If you want to download or print the Aadhar by the number issued, then you must follow the following steps listed below:
- You must have to visit the Aadhar official website – http://uidai.govt.in/
- Then, you have to click on the ‘Download Aadhar’ from the option of My Aadhar. You may also visit the link http://eaadhar.uidai.govt.in/
- There, under the “I Have” section. You have to select the option of “Aadhar”
- Enter the 12 digit number you have received from the Aadhar center.
- If you want to download a Masked Aadhar then you must click on the option of “I want a Masked Aadhar”.
- After that, you have to enter the verification code and click on the option of “Sent OTP” to get the one-time password on your registered mobile number.
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile, enter it to verify your number.
- Now to download an electronic copy of your Aadhar, you must complete the survey and click on the “Verify & Download” option.
- And hence, it’s all done for you.
How to Download Aadhar Card By Virtual ID?
It is the latest edition to UIDAI’s portal to download the Aadhar card through the Virtual ID. You can follow the simple steps for free downloading the Aadhar by the Virtual ID mentioned below:
- First, you have to visit UIDAI’s online portal.
- Now click on download Aadhar.
- There, from the “I Have” section, select the VID option.
- Then enter the following details such as your Virtual ID, full name, security code, pin code.
- Now to generate OTP, click on the “Send OTP” option.
- Also, to the authentication of your request, you can alternatively use the TOTP feature as well.
- Hence, the E-Aadhar will be downloaded on your system.
- Now by entering the Aadhar card password, you can access it easily.
- To open the PDF file you have to enter the 8 digit password which is the first four letters of your name in the CAPITAL LETTERS and your date of birth.
How to Download E-Aadhar By Using Enrolment Number (EId)?
If in case, you have somehow forgotten your Aadhar number or have not got your Aadhar card yet. In this situation, by entering your Aadhar Enrolment Number you can download your updated Aadhar card. Here are the steps to help you out in downloading your E-Adhar through enrolment number.
- First of all, you have to visit the website provided as www.uidai.gov.in
- Then click on the option of “download Aadhar”
- There you will be redirected to http://eaadhar.uidai.gov.in/
- Then you have to enter your 14-digit enrolment ID and time and date values.
- After that, you have to enter your full name, pin code, and image capture code.
- Now, to generate OTP, you have to click on “Request OTP”.
- Then press on the “Confirm” button.
- After that, you will receive the OTP Code on your registered mobile number.
- Then you have to enter the OTP and enter the option of “Download Aadhar”.
- At last, you can now download a copy of your E-Aadhar card.
How to Download Aadhar Card By Name and Date of Birth?
A person can still download his/her Aadhar by the name and date of birth if in case, he/she might forget his/her Aadhar number or enrolment ID (EID). The simple steps to download Aadhar by name and date of birth are as follows:
- First, you have to visit your Aadhar website which is http://resident.uidai.gov.in/lost-eideid
- Then enter your full name, your mobile number, or your registered e-mail ID and the security code.
- Click on the option of “Sent OTP”.
- Then you have to enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and also click on the option of “Verify OTP”.
- You will get the Aadhar number on your mobile.
- Then you have to visit the E-Aadhaar page on the official UIDAI website.
- There, you have to click on the option of “I Have Aadhar”.
- Here, enter your full name, enrolment number, Pincode, and capture image.
- Click on the option of “ Request OTP”.
- An OTP will appear on your mobile number, enter the OTP you get, and click on the option of “Download Aadhar”.
- Now you will be able to download your Aadhar Card.
How to Download E-Aadhar From DigiLocker Account?
DigiLocker is a cloud-based platform for sharing and verification of certificates and documents issuance and storage in digital form to enable registered organization which provides electronic copies or e-copies into the “digital-locker” which is allotted to the citizens. It has collaborated with the UIDAI which makes it available on linking the DigiLocker account with the Aadhar to the cardholders.
The following steps will help you to download the Aadhar from your DigiLocker account.
- First. you have to log in to your DigiLocker account as http://digilocker.gov.in
- Click on the “sign-in” option and then enter your 12-digit Aadhar number.
- To get your OTP number, click on the “Verify” option.
- Enter the OTP, you received on your mobile number.
- Then click on the option “Verify OTP”.
- The page will appear for the “Issued Document”.
- At last, you can download E-Aadhar by using the “Save” icon.
How to Download Masked Aadhar?
Masked Aadhar is the same as the Regular Aadhar card, but the only difference between the two is that the Aadhar number is partially hidden as the only last 4-digit are visible on the Aadhar card. The only aim is to protect your Aadhar number from being disclosed to others. Both are equally valid if compare to one another. The steps to download your updated Aadhar into Masked format are explained below:
- First, you have to click on the link http://eaadhar.uidai.gov.in/
- There in the section “Enter your details” select your Aadhar, VID, or your Enrolment number (EID).
- In the section “Select your preference” select “Masked Aadhar” and also enter other details such as your full name, Aadhar number, security code, and Pincode.
- Then to receive the OTP on your mobile number which is registered with the UIDAI, click on the option of “Request OTP”.
- To give consent to the UIDAI, using your details for authentication. Click on the “I Agree” button.
- Enter the OTP you have received on your registered mobile number, click on the option of “Confirm”.
- Now, to download your Masked Aadhar, enter the OTP and click on the option of “Download Aadhar”.
How to get an Aadhar Card without registered mobile number?
You cannot get your Aadhar card online without the registration of your mobile number. But to get your Aadhar card this way, you have to follow the simple steps listed below:
- First of all by taking your Aadhar number with you, visit your nearest Aadhar Centre.
- There you have to provide your bio-metric details to the retailer including the verification of the retina scan, thumb verification, etc.
- You also have to carry your other identity proof such as PAN Number and Identity Card.
- The concerned person at the center will provide you the Aadhar card printout. (It will charge you Rs 50 for the normal paper while cost you Rs 100 for the PVC Version)
How to Download E-Aadhar through Umang App?
To download the E-Aadhar from the Umang Application, A person needs to follow the few simple basic steps which are listed as:
- First, you have to download and open the Umang App.
- Then under the services tab, click on the option of “Aadhar Card”.
- After that, click on the option of “View Aadhar Card from DigiLocker”.
- Then you have to log in with your Aadhar Number or from your DigiLocker Account.
- Now, enter the OTP you received in your registered mobile number.
- Then click on the “Verify OTP” option.
- After all that, by clicking on the “Download icon” you can now download the e-copy of your Aadhar card.
How to Print Aadhar Card After Downloading?
To print out the Aadhar card after downloading, you have to open your E-Aadhar letter by entering the 8-digit password which consists of the first four letters of your name and the year of your birth. Then after downloading your Aadhar card from the UIDAI’s website in PDF format, you will be able to print out your E-Aadhar online. The facility of downloading Aadhar cards and checking their status is available online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What things should a person remember during and after the downloading of the Aadhar card?
Ans. One should remember the following points during and after the downloading of the Aadhar card:
- If your mobile number is not registered under the UIDAI, then you will not be able to download your Aadhar card.
- Before allowing the Aadhar PDF download, the UIDAI will send you the OTP for authentication on your registered mobile number.
- Without the OTP, you cannot download your E-Aadhar.
- You can use your downloaded E-Aadhar everywhere alternatively as your original Aadhar card.
- You can also repeat the process of downloading the Aadhar as many times as you want.
Q2. What is the Masked Aadhar Card?
Ans. The Masked Aadhar Card is the latest option to mask the Aadhar card of the citizens in the downloaded E-Aadhar in which the first 8-digit are hidden with characters such as “XXX-XXXX-XXX” and the last 4-digits are only visible. It helps you to secure your Aadhar number and other personal details from others.
Q3. For downloading the Aadhar card, what is the official website of UIDAI?
Ans. You can visit the official website of UIDAI for downloading the Aadhar card pdf file.
Q4. What is the validity period of the downloaded Aadhar card?
Ans. Once you download the UIDAI (Aadhar card), then it will be valid for the entire life.
Q5. From where I can download the M-Aadhar app?
Ans. You can download the M-Aadhar app from the Google Play store easily.